Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pilot

My goodness, artists think alike. For all the lovely and chaotic ideas leaping from the good side of our brains, titles (read: blog names) must not be our forte. Welcome to the premier entry of, alas, Lens in Hand.

In another life, I am a writer. In this one, a photographer. I walk with a camera in my purse and keep one eye off the road. These are the things that catch my eye:


Centerpiece at Shellee's house



Morning dew on a blade of grass



Light fixture at the public library



Color



Texture



Accidental beauty

I do my best to keep looking up and around - too often I see faces buried in their palms; texting, reading or watching. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for the convenient communication and the LOST addictions, but come on -- see what you are missing. ;)

5 comments:

polkadot said...

I'm so glad you are doing this! I feel like I only ever get to see your work by chance! Now I get to keep up with my lovely and talented artist friend!

New in Town said...

Beautiful work Claire Bear! This will be a great creative outlet for you!

Tracy2 said...

Fabulous first work Claire - I want to see more of your photos!

BaysideTigers said...

Great work Claire. Maybe you can come take sweet pics of our butts.
Sincerely,
BT

Truly Smitten said...

Congrats on your blog! Lovely lovely photos =)