Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Country Comfort

This morning Jaime and I set out for another early session. She let me choose the venue, so I finally, finally got to shoot this barn I rubberneck every day on the way to work. The sky wasn't too bright and the air was just thick enough... I nearly didn't make it into work. In fact, to make it in time, I had to hike through an overgrown field -- which turned out to be in my favor. Here are the fruits:


This inspires me to get moving on the series I've been planning to do. I don't want to copy Harker, my mom, or the thousands of others who have found satisfaction in shooting these structures, but they always catch my eye, standing or falling. And good old Iowa just has them everywhere!

More to come...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooh! Lovely shots of the barn! I like the rustic look =)

The Nelsons said...

I love the 2nd one down with the landscaping in the yard around the 1/2 of the barn and the trees and silo in the distance.

Unknown said...

MORE MORE MORE please!