Monday, June 8, 2009

Engagement Session

***The following moments were captured while working as the second photographer for Cathy Kovach (www.cathykovach.com)***

Adam and Jeremy are soooooo fun! I'm lucky enough to have known Adam from a previous job, so tagging along with Cathy on this engagement shoot was not only an excellent bonus to shooting weddings with her, but proved to be a breeze to get into the groove. I'd not met Jeremy before this but his demeanor matched Adam's; all four of us were laughing through the two-hour shoot.





They were just so sweet with each other. They had chemistry that took almost no directing; they just talked and we shuttered.



This semi-transparent wall gave us a beautiful background. I like the gritty feel of the wires piled down by their feet.


I love this red/bright blue combination they did with their shirts. I think the camera loves it, too.



While I was selecting the photos I'd use for this post, I noticed I have several different grades of exposure. Which picture do you think has the best lighting?

2 comments:

Jackie W. said...

I love the one around the corner of the building...but I really respond to the lighting in the one where they are leaning against the turquoise-y building and you are farther away. That's a nice shot. All of them are great, you are super talented, lady!

Eat | Shoot | Wear said...

Thanks, Jackie! I like the staggered placement for people, too, but that blue wall is one of my favorite places to shoot. :)