Friday, June 5, 2009

Wedding Preview

***The following moments were captured while working as the second photographer for Cathy Kovach (www.cathykovach.com)***

I've begun the summer in the luckiest of ways. I met a gracious photographer willing to let me tag along with her to several weddings and soak in her expertise. The first of the lessons was in late May; the couple was young and beautiful... I was very obviously young and inexperienced. I managed some salvages. However, I'm having trouble getting most my images off the disc from this wedding, and I'm begrudgingly realizing that to be an effective and serious photographer, I must morph into a Mac. Have I said this before? *Sigh.* Maybe it is for the best. Most of images were orange or blurry, as I had trouble switching from my trusty Nikon D40 to the beautiful-but-beastly Canon 5D.

Luckily, Cathy had a great idea to set up a "photo booth" in the corner of the room where a slideshow was running. I womanned that and managed to produce much better results. Point and click. Adjust tripod, "...and 3, 2, 1..." flash.



Family and Friends






The Wedding Party



No comments: